Don't be confused by the photo of the gentleman below, Silas A. Edrington who owned and operated the New Era Store on Main Street (later the Pilash Tailor Shop). He just happens to be standing in front of the Anderton Boarding House on Pine Street (part of the Strunk Building).
The Strunk Block Building in 1918 during the Liberty Drive Celebration on Mackay Main Street. The Anderton Boarding House entrance is on the left (Pine Street side).
The same location in 2013 - Ken's Club. When Kenny Williams purchased the building in 1952, he and his son, Fuzzy (aka Ronald) tore the bricks off the building and added the stucco covering seen today (2013). The Williams had Ken's Club until 1975.Pauline Strunk Chaney has incorrectly dated the photo of the inside of the Anderton Boarding house, since it was not completed until 1908.
Inside the Anderton Boarding House 1908. From the Pauline Strunk Chaney Collection.
Pauline Strunk Chaney's family moved in the front part of the second story of the Strunk Building near the same time as the Anderton Boarding House was in business.
Strunk Block from Main Street 1911. The Strunk Family lived upstairs and you can see Pauline Strunk leaning out of the 3rd window. The Barber Pole was for the Henry Williams Barber Shop.