Thursday, September 23, 2010

Former Mackay Resident Ruth Lindburg Dies in Pocatello, Idaho

Ruth Lindburg

POCATELLO - On September 15, 2010, a wonderful, gracious, lovely lady, friend, grandmother, mother-in-law, aunt, sister-in-law, passed away peacefully at the Caring Hearts Assisted Living at age 91. That wonderful, gracious, lovely lady was my mother, Ruth Evangeline Olson Lindburg.
My mom, Ruth, was eighth out of nine children born to Charley H. and Hannah E. Olson October 22, 1918, at Darlington, Idaho. My mom was raised in the Lost River Valley, spending her grade school years in Darlington and graduating from Mackay High School in 1936.
My mom, Ruth, married her childhood friend and high school sweetheart, Geryl V. (Lindy) Lindburg on June 11, 1939, in Pocatello, Idaho. Mom and Dad made their home in Mackay, Idaho, for a short time and then moving to Pocatello, where my dad became a long-distance truck driver for O.G. Roche Moving and Storage, later to become office manager of that company.
My mom and dad had two children, Gary Ray, born March 16, 1940, and Sandra Ruth, born July 28, 1941.
In 1945, my mom went to work for Mountain Bell as a telephone operator. She left that job in 1958 to become a stay at home wife and mom.
October 25, 1963 my mom, Ruth, lost her loving husband after a long and courageous battle with liver cancer.
In 1965 my mom, Ruth, became employed by Idaho Bank and Trust (now Key Bank), working in new accounts operations and customer services. She retired in 1980.
My mom, Ruth, was a very devout Jehovah's Witness and lived her life according to her beliefs. She read the Bible daily and enjoyed sharing scriptures with family and friends. She truly exemplified a true Christian.
My mom, Ruth, is survived by myself (Sandra); her son-in-law, Judge Peter D. McDermott; grandson, Tod and Jennifer Roebuck, Reno, Nevada; grandson, Brad and Stacy Lindburg, Las Vegas, Nevada; granddaughter, Lynell and Kirk Baty, Middleton, Idaho; her very special and loving sister-in-law, St. Aunt Edythe Sayer, Mackay, Idaho. She is also survived by five great-grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews. My mom, Ruth, was predeceased by her loving husband, her son, Gary, in 1981, her eight siblings and three brothers-in law.
A memorial service for my mom will be held October 16, 2010, at the Jehovah's Witness Highland, 1875 Cottage Avenue, Pocatello. The service will begin at 11 a.m. with interment at Mountain View Cemetery following the service. Cremation was performed at an earlier date.
My family would like to thank Darren West and Xochichl Frankman and the complete staff at Caring Hearts Assisted Living for all of their love and support and the wonderful care they gave my mom. Also, many thanks to all of the hospice people who made my mom's last days as comfortable as possible.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Colonial Funeral Home and many thanks to my dear friend, Jared Clinger, for his competence, help and extremely caring attitude and making this difficult time more bearable.
Mom, you were the greatest and I love you dearly and will miss you so much.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Mackay EMTs, Mackay, Idaho 83251.
Published in Idaho State Journal on September 23, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment